A white, sparkling smile can go a long way to making a positive first impression and boosting the confidence and self-esteem of any individual. It’s why so many people don’t just desire a mouth full of straight teeth, but a mouth full of sparkling white teeth, too. That’s part of the reason why teeth whitening solutions and procedures have been booming in recent years – and one of the latest and best-working take home products to help with teeth whitening is Colgate Optic White Professional. Here’s a closer look at this solution.
About Colgate Optic White Professional
Fast, safe and effective – those are the three main factors that describe Colgate’s latest mouthpiece-like teeth whitening kit, which can produce whiter teeth for users in as little as just three days. Specifically, the kit is a professionally-dispensed solution in the form of a clear gel that gets placed into the mouthpiece and then into the mouth to begin the treatment session.
The kit contains a clinically-proven whitening gel formula comprised of potassium nitrate and fluoride, but where the product really stands out is in its hydrogen peroxide. Specifically, the kit is available in both 7 percent and 9 percent hydrogen peroxide formulas to better cater to the whitening needs of any patient. It’s ideal for patients that want to rid themselves of the likes of coffee stains, tea stains and tobacco stains in that it works quickly and effectively. In fact, it’s described as a whitening solution that has professional-like strength and effectiveness, yet can be administered from the comfort and convenience of the home.
How to Use Colgate Optic White Professional
As we noted above, using Colgate Optic White Professional can deliver whiter teeth in as little as three days, though it can take anywhere from a week to 10 days for significant results to be realized. Here’s a look at how it is used for best results:
- The whitening gel is first applied into trays, which are then placed into the patient’s mouth for 30 minutes per day.
- The mouth trays must be thoroughly cleaned before and after each treatment.
- It’s also recommended that patients brush their teeth thoroughly before placing the tray into their mouth to begin treatment. Patients should brush their teeth again following treatment, but with just a toothbrush – no toothpaste. This helps to remove any excess gel on the teeth.
- Treatments of 30 minutes per day should be carried out over a seven day period for best results.
- Patients should refrain from overfilling trays with the whitening gel. This helps to reduce the likelihood of gum irritation from the treatment.
For more information on Colgate Optic White, contact our doctors, Dr. Richard Caven, Dr. Shelby Denman, and Dr. Stephen Carpenter, by calling our Caven Dental office in Jacksonville, FL, to schedule a consultation today!